Thanksgiving is here, so we’ll be taking the next 2 weeks off from Affirmation Class. Below is schedule so you can stay up to date as we enter the Holiday Season!
Schedule & Course Materials
How to Read and Understand the Bible
- Nov 1: Understanding the purpose and structure of the Bible
- Nov 8: Understanding the purpose and structure of the Bible
- Nov 15: Understanding the Old Testament
- Nov 22: Not meeting
- Nov 29: Not meeting
- Dec 6: Understanding the New Testament
- Dec 13: Review
- Dec 20: Not meeting
- Dec 27: Not meeting
- Jan 3: Not meeting
- Jan 10: The Lord is my Shepherd
- Jan 17: God leads me even in tough times.
- Jan 24: The Lord is my Provider
- (Students will be expected to recite Psalm 23 from memory by Jan 24th)
The Gospel / Sharing your faith / The Sacraments
- Jan 31: What is the Gospel?
- Feb 7: How to communicate your faith
- Feb 14: What is the significance of Communion and Baptism?
The Lord’s Prayer
- Feb 21: “Thy will be done”
- Feb 28: “Give us this day our daily bread”
- Mar 6: “Forgive us as we forgive others”
- (Students will be expected to recite the Lord’s Prayer by Mar 6th)
- March 13: Baptism Service
- (Students are invited, but not expected, to be baptized)
Graduation Sunday Service: April 10